Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
As a technology company, consistently ranking in the top three in the number of patents granted in the United States, Canon is focused on software development activities, in which we incorporate innovation and emerging technologies. Artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, along with imaging technologies can be integrated into business solutions to drive digital transformation in different functional or industry areas.
Innovation Use Cases:
- Quality control in manufacturing (Assisted Defect Recognition). To supplement human skills in a highly demanding manufacturing environment, Canon combines machine learning, computer vision, and predictive modeling to help drive increased accuracy and efficiency of testing high-precision parts of a machinery. Manufacturers of precision parts in industries such as Automotive & Transportation, Aerospace & Defense, Oil & Gas, Construction etc., often require a rigorous post-assembly inspection process. Manufacturing components are closely examined using industrial radiography (X-ray images) and images to verify integrity of each part and its internal structure. This examination process can be very manual and error-prone, with a highly specialized technician inspecting each X-ray image for potential defects. With computer vision and machine learning the Assisted Defect Recognition technology can:
- Intelligently analyze images of inspected parts
- Automatically identify potential defects, even those that may be missed by the human eye
- Learn and improve accuracy of the technology, based on human acceptance or corrections of the results.
- IoT based device support services. Leveraging data that comes from a multitude of devices through the Internet of Things, and applying predictive analytics to this data, Canon can proactively address device malfunction issues before they occur. With over one million print and MFP devices connected to the cloud IoT infrastructure, we are able to apply machine learning to the data delivered by devices, to transform traditional reactive service model to a predictive, proactive service. For customers, this can result in increased device reliability and better overall customer experience.
- Intelligently Profiling Document (Smart Document Assistant). Artificial intelligence and machine learning fundamentally change the way documents are managed and automate routine office tasks. Click here to learn more about Smart Document Assistant for Legal –one of the business applications of AI.
To find out more, contact the CIIS team –email us at email@example.com or through this contact form